As you will be aware, the situation with the COVID-19 outbreak has been evolving rapidly in recent days, with outbreaks declared in several countries. Due to the escalating international situation, and the potential risk to our members and to the wider population in Kenya, it is with great sadness and regret that we have postponed the meeting to a future date.
The 3rd Annual Network Meeting in collaboration with The KEMRI Wellcome Trust Programme (KWTRP). KWTRP delivers internationally recognised research and capacity building and BactiVac are honoured to be working with them.
- hear from internationally renowned speakers from the world of bacterial vaccinology throughout a 2-day scientific programme
- networking sessions throughout the event
- submission of abstracts for a Poster session
- a travel bursary scheme will be available
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Programme
There will be sessions from experts working at KWTRP, delivering insights into their work and the challenges they face, as well as the option for our members to book onto one of the following opportunities:
- tour of the onsite laboratory facilities at KWTRP
- visit a field dispensary to see first-hand the work being undertaken
- access Hospital Ward facilities (limited to clinical personnel only)
to focus on the issues faced throughout the end-to-end vaccinology chain, we are hosting a half-day Workshop on this important area.
Delivering their 3rd Annual Network Meeting in this LMIC setting will give their members a unique insight and enable the continued development of novel collaborations using this excellent forum.
The meeting will be open to members only. If you would like to become a member, please complete their online membership application form.
Full details of the meeting will be available shortly, remember to follow us on @BactiVac. In the meantime, please SAVE THE DATE: 24 - 27 March 2020, Kilifi, Kenya.
For all queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More details can be found here.