An opportunity exists for a postdoctoral position with an emphasis on veterinary immunology, reverse vaccinology, omics-based technologies and rational vaccine design. Post-doctoral Training Fellowship, full time non-tenure-track at the R&D department of BI, in the Unit Vaccine Design/ Immunology and Antigen Design located in the area of Lyon, France.
As a postdoctoral fellow at the BI Animal Health, you will work with a highly collaborative global team of scientists at one of the BIAH global research centre, to uncover mechanisms underlying host-pathogens interactions to uncover vaccine targets for the design of next generation vaccines. The Vaccine Design team is an exploratory division of BI R&D that provides a unique experience to contribute to BIAH vaccine discovery efforts at the earliest stages of vaccine development.
This position will provide a unique opportunity to be exposed to immunology, microbiology, virology, bioinformatics and structural biology, within the BIAH R&D across Europe and US. With access to BI global R&D organization, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues.
The Postdoctoral Scholar will conduct research on protective antigen prediction by:
• Design, and implement animal models to dissect mechanisms and associated antigens related to protective immunity.
• Employing cellular and molecular immunology to dissect in-vivo observations and uncover underlying mechanisms of efficacy to define protective antigens
• Be an active member of a transversal team composed of i.e. bacteriologists/virologists/ molecular biologists and bioinformaticians.
• Identify external experts to bridge internal and external programs and launch collaborative research agreement on the identified targets
• Duties may include participating in scientific conferences and write scientific papers.
Education Minimum Requirement:
• A PhD in Immunology with not less than three years of postdoctoral experience
• Additional not required qualifications: DVM
• Experience in one or more of the following areas: cellular and molecular immunology, host-pathogen interactions, reverse vaccinology, and/or vaccine development
• Strong interest in systems immunology/vaccinology and computational science,
• Designing & executing in-vivo models to investigate protective immune responses for a rational design of vaccines.
• Experience in conducting collaborative research programs with academics and private partners.
• Demonstrated proficiency to carry out high quality research, and record of professional achievement in the relevant discipline area
• Demonstrated high-level skills in written and verbal communication, organization, and time management
• Good interpersonal skills, and an ability to work in a team environment
• Capacity to think outside the box to foster creative achievement and innovative approaches
• Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment
Application Procedure: Send Resume to Karelle.email@example.com
Job: Research & Development > Vaccine Design > Immunology and Antigen Design
Primary Location: Europe > France > Rhône Alpes> Saint-Priest
Organization: Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health