+44 (0)7917 673349
Queen's University Belfast (QUB) & British Veterinary Association (BVA)
Production animal medicine, farm animal welfare, vaccine design, drug delivery, preventative veterinary medicine.
Veterinary / scientific career
- Veterinary surgeon in progressive farm animal veterinary practice in W Scotland (2000-2002) and N Ireland (2002-2005).
- Secretary General of Veterinary Northern Ireland (2005-2007).
- Veterinary Research Officer in Virology Branch at Veterinary Sciences Division, Agri-Food & Biosciences Institute (AFBI) (2007-2014); managing Ruminant Virology Unit, Fish Diseases Unit and Animal Services Unit as well as having a role in Contingency Planning for Epizootic Disease (CPED) and as a Named Veterinary Surgeon.
- Director (Operations & Business Development) at SiSaf Ltd (2014-2015).
- Founder of Blackwater Consultancy Ltd (2015); Specialist (Animal Sciences & Aquaculture) for UK Trade & Investment (UKTI), now the Department for International Trade (DIT) (2015-2018).
- Recently appointed as a Senior Lecturer (Education) in Animal Health at Queen's University Belfast (QUB) (2018).
- Junior Vice-President of the British Veterinary Association (BVA). Past-President of the North of Ireland Veterinary Association (NIVA) and of the Northern Ireland Branch of the BVA.
- Chair of the Federation of Veterinarians in Europe (FVE) FishMedPlus Coalition.
- Honorary Member of the Association of Veterinary Surgeons Practising in Northern Ireland (AVSPNI).
- Ambassador for the livestock development charity, Send a Cow. Trustee of the BVA Animal Welfare Foundation (AWF).
- Member of the Farm Animal Welfare Forum (FAWF) and the Animal Welfare Research Network (AWRN).
- Life member of the Royal Ulster Agricultural Society (RUAS).