Imperial College London
Bacterial respiratory diseases of pigs, meningitis, tuberculosis
(1) Vaccines, diagnostics, population biology and virulence mechanisms of bacterial diseases of pigs with a respiratory component i.e. Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae (principal interest), Haemophilus parasuis, Streptococcus suis and Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae (funded through a BBSRC LoLa entitled "A multivalent vaccine and single platform diagnostic for bacterial respiratory diseases of pigs” which encompasses all 4 organisms.
(2) Virulence and pathogenicity of Pasteurella multocida (pigs, cows)
(3) Vaccine development and host-interactive biology of the human meningitis causing pathogen Neisseria meningitidis.
(4) Identification of serum biomarkers for human and bovine TB and typhoid.
(5) Novel anti-Mycobacterial tuberculosis agents